I woke up at 4:30 this morning to make one of my 50 million trips a night to the restroom and smelled something odd. It was an extreme cigarette smell. I waited just a second to decide whether or not I had a problem and realized I DID have a problem. I immediately put my contacts in and threw on some clothes. Tara now lives with me, but of course, was over at Holly's -- so I was all alone. I went into the main part of the house, nothing. I called Mom, figuring that she would be nervous when the phone rang at 4:30. She told me to look outside and BINGO there it was. My neighbor, the bunny-rabbit neighbor, had a pile of hay in his backyard that apparently spontaneously combusted -- at least that's according to the firemen. I'll investigate a little more once I get home tonight. I called 911 -- my first time ever. I was nervous. The wind was blowing about 30 miles an hour and I was afraid it might catch my roof on fire. The firemen arrived less than 1 minute after I hung up with 911 -- they're really close. I apologized to them that the fire wasn't any bigger....they laughed and said to be grateful that I caught it in time.My neighbors are really starting to concern me. Did I tell you somebody mailed me a ceramic bunny the other day???? If any of you mailed it to me, yeah, real funny!!!! Well, at least my life is starting to pick up in the exciting department!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment