Friday, February 11, 2011

Super Bowl/Snow & Icy Weather/Damaged Driveway

Life in the Dallas area has been hectic lately, to say the least. The Super Bowl was something I was looking forward to with it being in my city and all, but the weather turned it into a disaster. The game itself was pretty good, but living in the host city you tend to see stuff you don't normally - like all the mistakes. I'm just going with the thought that no Super Bowl comes off completely without a hitch. Still, here's a picture of the Stadium the weekend before the big game. See, the weather was great then!!!


Then came the snow and ice. Missed two days from work, which they had conniptions over ~ like we were lying about how bad the driving conditions were. Heater broke in my house on the first day of the storm, so I've "literally" been freezing for days. Luckily I have a heated mattress pad, so I spent almost the entire time in bed. Took a bath one night and steam was actually rising from my arms and legs when I got out of the hot water. Very freaky!!


Then....once the melting occurred, along comes my cracked driveway. Water got underneath and distroyed it. It's just crumbling. And guess what? State Farm doesn't cover it. Joy, Joy, Happy, Happy!



I'M READY FOR WARMER WEATHER!!!!



1 comment:

Tara D. said...

How pretty! Sorry your heater and driveway broke though. :( But at least you got some pretty snow. :) But...I'm sure you'd rather have a driveway.