
Yes, yesterday was my "39th" birthday -- can you believe it???? Me neither. I had a great day at work, many flowers, balloons, money, gift cards and a fabulous strawberry cake......but, I just had to have a Big Cookie.
I called the Great American Cookie Company and ordered a cookie for me to pick up at 6:30, since I had an appt at the stake center at 7:00. On my way home, the radio announced that I was driving directly into a tornado warning area. I was spooked, so I called Joy to keep me company during my drive. I had to get to the mall to get that cookie!! I made it there, got the cookie and had about 15 minutes to get to the stake center.
As I proceeded to leave the mall, from the Dillard's exit, of course, the wind and rain were incredible. There was stuff flying all over the place. I knew I shouldn't go outside. So I went back into Dillard's and hoped to wait out the storm. It would be okay if I were just a few minutes late for my appt.......
Well, the firm alarms started going off, everyone in Dillards starting going towards the escalators (I was on the 2nd floor). So I decided it would be best to follow. I started cutting across the clothes area and "bang" the lights went out. (Mind you, I'm carrying a big cookie, plus another little (heavy) bag because I just "had" to do a little shopping.) So I weaved my way through the clothes, in the dark, and finally make it to the escalators. I had left my cell phone in the car, of course, but luckily everybody else had theirs so there was a little light. I had to feel my way down the escalator, PRAYING that the lights didn't come back on while I was going down or else there would be pieces of me and cookie all over the place.
I finally made it down the stairs and realized we had been locked in Dillards. I sat on the floor in the men's department for about an hour and a half in the dark, with the sirens going off, with a bunch of strangers. Needless to say, I missed my appointment.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! At least I won't forget it.....and at least I didn't get hit by a tornado!! There's always a silver lining, if you look hard enough....... :-}











1 comment:
whoa-what a crazy birthday! question:was that cookie gone by the time the electricity came back on? it would've been if it had been me. :)hoLLy
Post a Comment