I'm "thinking" about going to a Single's Halloween party on Saturday. (The last time I hung out with these people was two years ago on Halloween, how funny!)
I know you're all thinking, "Well go, dummy", and yes, I want to, but..........
I'm 41, I'm not a 25ish-year old who just wants to party all the time. My friends from high school have children in college and on missions. I'm just over my partying days. I just want to stay home and read a book (like I'm telling you something you don't already know). But......
I guess I just need encouragement. It's so hard to kick my butt out of my cozy little home to go out and deal with all the crap of "trying" to make a better and happier (although not all the time, I realize) home. But as they say: nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? ....But oh, it's just so warm and safe in my own little corner....











5 comments:
Go!! Have fun or die trying, right? Although, we would rather you not die. I say go and just go to make new friends. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Plus, if your really bored and going out of your mind you know you will have a fantastic read waiting at home for you!! Love you! Lets us know how it goes!!
GO! It will be good for you! No one is saying that you have to party with 25 years old, just go and be yourself! What if you future husband, who also just wants to find someone to sit on the couch with and read is there and you miss your chance at true love?!?! Have fun! Love you!
I may end up regretting it, but I'm going.
i'm glad you are going:) get out there woman!
so, how did it go?
Post a Comment