Monday, November 09, 2009

'Graceling' & 'Fire' by Kristen Cashore

Okay, more book stuff - surprised? Yeah, we all know you're not.

Believe it or not, I actually bought these books based solely on the covers (and they say you can't judge a book by it's cover ~ yeah right) These books are awesome! They're kind of "Robin Hood-ish" or "Princess Bride-ish", at least they're set in type of time period.

For some reason they felt different to me than all the other books I've been reading lately. More like a fairy tale. I felt like I was actually reading a "story", if that makes any sense, instead of just peeking in and spying on someone's life.

There's everything one could want in these books: war, fighting, monsters, secrets, journeys, kingdoms, royalty, people with weird powers and of course, love (and sex ~ though it's not bad at all). I highly recommend these books!! And of course, they'll look pretty in your bookshelf :-)

Graceling is the first book that Kristen wrote, here's the pretty cover... with an additional cover that I didn't see in the stores, but it's cool!





Fire is the second book Kristen wrote, but it's actually a prequel to Graceling. There is only one character that's in both books, so the stories are actually about different people. They say you can read Fire first, but I don't think so. After reading them both, I think it's better to read Graceling first. Like I said, I highly recommend these if you like love and adventure .... and who doesn't, right?

**I actually have the end of Fire to finish tonight ~ I'm so excited!!!

Here's the Fire cover, along with the other cover I didn't see in the stores....hmmmm, maybe they're fan-made, who knows?






3 comments:

hoLLy said...

i've heard about these books from friends on goodreads. they are on my to-read list!

Me said...

OOOH! Thanks, I can't wait to devour them!! They sound divine!

Tara D. said...

Maybe tomorrow I'll take you up on the offer to borrow them, lol. I'll be sure to return your other books as well. And no, I didn't get very far in Mazerunner. I got sidetracked early on and just stopped reading. :( sorry