Monday, July 13, 2009

The Hunger Games


Yes, the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is my latest and greatest addiction! Though this may come as a shock to you, I'm thinking I like this book better than Twilight ~ yes, yes, I know, you're thinking that's impossible, but it's NOT. I love this book!!!! There are two more to come so I guess I can't truly decide yet whether or not I like it better than Twilight, but so far......it's yummy!!! The second book in the series, Catching Fire, comes out Sept. 1st ~ CAN'T WAIT!!!

Here's a brief summary of the book. I'm not giving anything away because the book actually starts from this point. It's great for guys & girls ~ it's got it all! I know you'll read the summary and go "euhhh", but didn't everybody say that about vampires as well????

The Hunger Games takes place in an unidentified future time period after the destruction of North America, in a nation known as Panem. Panem consists of a rich Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts. As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol, every year one boy and one girl from each district is forced to participate in "The Hunger Games", a televised event whereby the participants, or "tributes", must fight to the death in an outdoor arena until only one remains.

5 comments:

Tara D. said...

I'm excited for the second book to be coming out soon. I can't believe I'd had to wait nearly a year to get it. It's almost here....yay!

Cindy said...

And thanks to Tara for pushing me to read it. Now I'm pushing everybody else .... hee,hee

hoLLy said...

everyone i know is either reading it or has read it and looooved it. i'm waiting for it at the library(on request!)

Patty said...

I know my boys really liked it. I guess I will have to break down and read it!!

Me said...

Hhhhmmmm.... sounds interesting! After I have this baby and things go back to normal (does that parallel exist) I will check it out!