Thursday, July 24, 2008

Twilight


Okay, I'm addicted, thanks to Tara & Holly. Actually, yes, thanks to Tara & Holly. I LOVE these books. I've already read the first three books, Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse. I'm waiting for the fourth and final one to be released Aug. 2nd.

For those of you who haven't heard of these books, they're fabulous. It's a love story between a high school student and a vampire, yes vampire. The author is a Mormon by the name of Stephanie Meyer, so you know it can't be too gory.

The movie is coming out on December 12th! Guess we'll have to have a girl's night out!!! I'm so looking forward to it.

Thank you Tara & Holly for introducing me to these books. Grandma thinks I'm addicted ~ and frankly, I think I am too. But who cares, I fully enjoy them and haven't been excited about something in such a long time ~ I deserve one moment, at least, don't you think?

Here are some pictures from the movie. I can't wait!! Please read the books, if you can. They're wonderful. And I don't even like to read...... So far, Holly, Tara, Joy, Tiffany & I are reading the books and Amber will be starting in on them soon. We'd love to have others join us. We need to start a discussion group!!!

Bella & Edward

What a hottie!! Edward, that is, not Bella

Check out those eyes!! Now that's intense.......

8 comments:

hoLLy said...

wow cindy-you beat me! tara and i just told you about these books a couple of weeks ago and you are already finished-i'm impressed! and i am SOOOO happy you love them too. i hadn't read anything "for fun" in a loooong time and these are definitely fun! i've told my mom she should read them too. don't you think she would like it? what girl wouldn't, right? :) i still have to read eclipse. . .i'm behind!

Cindy said...

Twilight and Eclipse are definitely my favorites. New Moon went in a direction that I didn't like too much.....if you know what I mean....grrrrrr

Actually, I just started reading Twilight again. I'm going slower, though ~ I don't feel the need to devourer it as much this time :-)

I think your mom would like them, too, if we can just convince her to read them!! Come on Patty, everybody's doing it....lol

hoLLy said...

hey, me again. you should go to my friend melissa's blog "bryson family" on my sidebar. she has a countdown widget on her sidebar for the breaking dawn book release:) you should add it to your blog! its for the true book devourers like yourself:)you add it(and any other widget) the same way you add music-as html in your layout. just a thought.

Cindy said...

Definitely a must! Thanks!

Cindy said...

Okay, now I really look obsessed :)

Patty said...

I went to the movie tonight and saw the preview for Twilight. It looked interesting. I thought that it was the book that you guys had told me that you really liked. The movie doesn't come out until 12/12/08!

Tara D. said...

Yes Mom, we LOVE the book and can't wait to see the movie. It looks great! And the last book comes out in about a week. Yay! So get on the bandwagon, Mother dear.
Yo Cindy, I love the new look of your blog, and I'm going to add the countdown for Twilight onto my blog too. ;)

Josh and Libby said...

All right! I admit it: I'm a reader, too. I already ordered book 4 - back in april!