After finally finishing the Twilight series for the fourth time, I've decided to venture out. Now I've picked Wuthering Heights to read because, number one, it's mentioned many times in Twilight, and two, I remember it somewhat from high school ~ and I liked it (or was it the Cliff Notes??? probably, I'm not sure)Anyway, tonight I started reading....Chapter 1 ~ made absolutely no sense to me. I realized a man was "renting" a home from Heathcliff, but then all of a sudden he was at Heathcliff's house, not his own house, and then all of a sudden dogs were attacking him ~ I had no idea dogs were even in the scene!
Oh geez, this is going to be harder than I thought. I've never been much a reader, but the Twilight books are so easy to read that I was hoping it would be easier than this....I was so wrong.
I continued on through Chapters 2 - 4. I'm understanding more, and even cried a couple of times -- I must have read the Cliff Notes!!!!! Kim and I were pros at that ~ and always got really good grades (??????)
Anywoo, I will continue on because I am interested. But I'm telling you, out of the four chapters I've read, I doubt I got half of it. I'm hoping it will make more sense to me the more I read it. I'll definitely rent the movie afterwards!!
I'll keep you updated as to my progression into the literary world - it's not an easy thing for me, but at least my interest is peeked and I'm trying my best!!!











3 comments:
oh yes, wuthering heights, pride & prejudice, jane eyre.. those books bring back highschool memories! they are difficult to read and i remember only understanding half of it too-but i did love them. twilight doesn't use big words so i like it:) and, of course, twilight is more of a "page turner" fun type of book originally written for young adults/teens. so its more fun and requires less thinking!
Wow Cindy, good for you--you go girl!!
Never read it. I think I know why. lol
Post a Comment