Monday, October 13, 2008

Persuasion - Jane Austen

**Update** I saw the movie last night - LOVED IT!!!

My latest book is Persuasion by Jane Austen. I really enjoyed it. Tonight I will pick up the movie ~ I can't wait to see it. Here's a Utube video about the movie. After seeing this, I bet you're going to want to read the book and see the movie, too. It's pretty intense!!

2 comments:

hoLLy said...

i have the entire set of jane austen books but haven't read this one yet. i've seen the movie though! i did it backwards i guess:)

have you ever read the joy luck club? its really good. its very sad though, but the author, amy tan, just writes so beautifully and metaphorically. i just love to read her books. but they are sad- but beautiful! also, if you want a good romance, read nicolas sparks stuff-i've read the notebook and it was good(of course i had seen the movie already but the book of course was better!) oh, and the c.s. lewis narnia books are really cool and magical. right now i'm reading a book called "the goose girl" and i'm enjoying it. its a fairy talish story. anyways, those are just some book recommendations/thoughts for your future reading!

Tara D. said...

I only watched 20 seconds into the video and decided to stop. I actually have this movie coming in sometime this week from Netflix. I don't want to spoil a thing because I honestly don't know much about it. I can't wait to watch it though. I LOVE these kind of stories.