Monday, August 03, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife Review

I read this book over the weekend and I really enjoyed it, it really is a great story, BUT..... to me, this book is rated "R". Maybe I'm just more innocent than most, (okay, we know that's true), but the intimate scenes were just a bit too graphic for my taste and the "worst word you can think of" was thrown around like candy flying out of a pinata.

Now, the movie, which comes out on August 14th, is rated PG-13. So I'm actually looking forward to it (you've all read about my book/movie feelings of late) because I feel that the "bad" stuff will be left out and I can truly enjoy the story. Let's hope that's true!!!! ~ Now, will there be initimate scenes in the movie, you bet, but I doubt very seriously that they will be as graphic as the book was. If they were, it would be rated "R".

So can I recommend you read the book? unfortunately I cannot, which is really just a shame because the story is so good. But hopefully the movie will be decent and you'll be able to enjoy the story through it.

Do they rate books??? If not, I think they should!!!!

2 comments:

Me said...

What a shame! It looks really good. We should write the author a shame-on-you note. Well, at least I can watch the movie. WHICH does look really good!

hoLLy said...

thats a bummer! why do some books have to add so much trashy stuff? i'm glad they at least made the movie pg-13 so i can watch it!